Sunday, November 15, 2009

my favorite ever

Once again, the silver jewelry from the minorities of China never fail to amaze my brains. I mean, even the babies wear spiky headpieces and just look at that craftsmanship in the coiled necklaces! I'm always exploring, but I end up returning to the silver pieces from the minorities of China. The elaborateness of it all compared to their humble lifestyle; this is why I love ethnic jewelry.


Miao women, Shidong Village


Geija Miao


Li women, Hainan Island


Miao, Guizhou


Miao, Guizui Village

From The Art of Silver Jewellery: From the Minorities of China, The Golden Triangle, Mongolia and Tibet

(like my favorite book ever, if you didn't already notice)

7 comments:

denise - SUPERWOWOMG said...

those headdresses are NOT playing around and that babies head piece?? i cant help but think of like bulbasaur or sth hahaha

P R I M O E Z A said...

you've got your necklaces in a shop now? cool!

Anika said...

Absolutely beautiful, and steeped in such tradition and culture too. All the more priceless, me thinks.
The Kenyan Maasais do it too...and I adore and covet their jewellery.

Have a great one. I feel like I haven't commented in ages...how've you been? :)

Donna A. said...

"ohh myyy lorrrd"

Sindy said...

Ohhhmahhgahh those earings. must be heavy...

alison said...

Wow the jewelry is incredible. I love seeing what other culture's view as beautiful, it's always so intriguing & interesting. Thanks for sharing these!

Anna Marie said...

wow, this blows me away. really beautiful, thanks for sharing!
xo